Following the Chancellor's announcement on Tuesday 17th March, the following advice has been issued to businesses affected by the restrictions placed on individuals during the current Covid-19 outbreak.
Following the Chancellor's announcement on Tuesday 18th March, the following advice has been issued to businesses affected by the restrictions placed on individuals during the current Covid-19 outbreak.
We would urge all local businesses with enquiries to direct them through the main Ashford Borough Council website in the first instance. Call volumes to the main council switchboard are likely to be high during the next few weeks, therefore it may be quicker to obtain information from the website or enter your information at the bottom of the page to receive updates.
- The Kent & Medway Growth Hub is operating a Coronavirus hotline that is open to all Ashford businesses to provide advice and support. Call 03333 602300 8:30am-6:30pm Monday-Friday to speak with an adviser.
Two emergency grant schemes have been made available for social enterprises to help with operating challenges caused by Covid-19.
The funds are being run by the Charities Aid Foundation and Kent Community Fund.
- The Federation for Small Businesses provide advice about Coronavirus, including hygiene advice
- The British Chamber of Commerce have a Coronavirus hub with a range of information
- Kent County Council are asking businesses to answer their business survey to help inform future business support.
- FREE digital training. Canterbury BID are offering free training sessions which are being led by Kent based companies. Sessions are being updated regularly. Watch the latest webinar.
As Loveashford, we are here to provide the latest information as quickly as possible to all local businesses. Please make sure you’re following all of our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) for all the latest news – we will only be populating channels with business advice during this time, to minimize confusion.
We will be sending out e-newsletters for particular topics as and when necessary, so please make sure you scroll to the bottom of our homepage and join our mailing list if you haven’t already.
Lastly, please know we are here and listening. We may not be able to operate in our normal capacity, or talk to you face-to-face, but our emails and social networks are still just as active as ever and we are here to support and guide you as much as we can during this difficult time.