High street looking messy? Street furniture lost its shine? Then it’s time to call T-CAT!
Ashford Borough Council’s Town Centre Action Team (T-CAT) is ensuring that our town centre stays clean, bright and beautiful for all to see. They’ve been out making sure Ashford shines in the sun - has it been a hectic month?
Hi Love Ashford - yes, we’ve been very busy!
- We jet-washed the playpark at the bottom of Singleton Hill. The nearby trees had made this park really grubby and we went and made it nice again.
- Tony has passed his Level 1 carpentry course at college and so started building a castle for Sir Litternot at the Create Festival! Sir Litternot can’t wait!
- Two new planters were built to go under the ramp at Edinburgh Road Car Park because of reports that cars were still parking under there.
- We set up the Ashford Farmers’ Market around all the crowds!
- The Memorial Garden gates are getting a lick of paint. We have finished the ones by the gateway and have started the next ones. We are really proud of these.
- We found an old weedy planter in Middle Row and Ben has made it look much better!
- Tom gave a presentation about T-CAT at ‘Feet on the Street’, an event to help organisations around the town work together better.
- Sir Litternot attended a litter-picking event on the 27th June at Victoria park. Thanks to everyone who helped!
- T-CAT helped set up the Safety in Action event at Towers school
- Last but not least, we have T-CAT No.5!! Introducing Dan Conlin. Say hello when you see him!
Remember, anyone can flag up a problem or task to T-CAT, including sending pictures, using any of the following methods:
The team can’t carry out work on privately owned land or property, but will endeavour to contact the relevant owners if action is needed. Any problems that are out of their coverage area, or beyond their capacity, will be flagged up to the relevant people.
Get deals from sent directly to your email before others hear about it.