High street looking messy? Street furniture lost its shine? Then it’s time to call T-CAT!
Ashford Borough Council’s Town Centre Action Team (T-CAT) is ensuring that our town centre stays clean, bright and beautiful for all to see.
What have Tom and the team been up to this month?
It’s getting a bit chillier this month but there’s still plenty going on around the town to keep us warm!
- We fitted out two shops at Park Mall this month with one open now and the next in about a weeks time! This included us painting walls, putting up shelves and attaching skirting.
- Also in Park Mall, we decorated Santa’s Grotto in the old Pop-Up shop and helped with his presents - we were his elves for the past week!
- Tony made and installed the beautiful sign next to the mural in Vicarage Lane car park to tell people about the giant piece of artwork there, the history of the train and what’s it to do with Ashford.
- Dan passed his B+E Driving Test! This is the licence entitlement to tow the trailer which comes in very handy with our job! Well done Dan!
- We set off the cannon in the Memorial Gardens for Remembrance Day, and did a litter pick of the area beforehand to make sure it was presentable.
- Taylors Passage again! This month we painted the rusty drain pipes on the side of Burtons. Looks good as new!
- The Festive Family Fun Day in town was a major success and we were very busy working closely with the Loveashford team. We were all over the place making sure Santa’s Grotto was ok, supervising the music at the bandstand, and helping the crowds during Peppa Pig and George’s visit! A really fun day at work, plus we managed to meet Rita Simons (Roxy from Eastenders)
Remember, anyone can flag up a problem or task to T-CAT, including sending pictures, using any of the following methods:
The team can’t carry out work on privately owned land or property, but will endeavor to contact the relevant owners if action is needed. Any problems that are out of their coverage area, or beyond their capacity, will be flagged up to the relevant people.